Autism Movement Therapy Training Certification Course
Autism Movement Therapy, Inc is a nonprofit organization, focused on serving the autism & special needs community through providing a structured movement & music program as well as providing advocacy and community outreach to create understanding and bring dignity to the spectrum community across the globe.
Developed by Joanne Lara, M.A., the AMT Method, through sensory integration, combines a structured program of movement and music, connecting the left and right hemispheres of the brain for a “whole brain” cognitive re-mapping approach that significantly increases concentration, speech and language and social interactions. Autism Movement Therapy provides a music and movement program for all individuals with autism so that they can be included in their communities and have access to the arts.
Also focusing on the learning potential that dance movement offers, MovementWorks provides engaging educational experiences of the highest quality for children, their carers, educators and our communities. The MovementWorks Developmental Dance Movement™ Programme is fully inclusive and the result of rigorous academic research by Ali Golding, MSc in Dance Science. MovementWorks currently delivers DDM programmes across EYFS and Key Stage 1, in a variety of educational, mainstream and specialist settings.
Join Joanne and Ali for this unique, two day, collaboration providing the highest quality training for those wishing to use movement to enhance the lives of individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) and Special Educational needs (SEN).
Covered in the AMT Certification Course are;
- the lobes of the brain and their functions specifically pertinent to individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- how music and independent movement can help strengthen the bridge between the right and left hemispheres in the brain.
- how to combine strategies and elements in order to create their own Autism Movement Therapy® session as well as gain knowledge and the tools needed to stage a multi person performance based production at their own facility, school or recreation centre.
- the different elements and movement of dance.
- how both above stated skills benefit individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders.
- the 4 different functions of behaviour for all individuals (Escape/avoidance, attention, tangible & sensory).
- Positive Behavioural Support strategies in order to provide appropriate learning environments that are supportive and creative for the individual at the same time.
Early bird rate until the end of March 2017 $400 (approx. £320*)
from April $450 (approx. £360*)
*conversions approximate and subject to current rates
Payment via Autism Movement Therapy® @ http://www.autismmovementtherapy.com/certification
UK contact for enquiries firstname.lastname@example.org